Sunday, May 17, 2009

WHEATGRASS .... Success!!!


Well, we finally did it!  We harvested two whole huge trays of wheat grass.  EVERYONE (except Jace) in the house drank an entire ounce of the very POTENT drink.  

As you can see ... there's so much chlorophyl in wheatgrass juice that it literally turns our tongues green.  This picture was taken AFTER brushing my teeth and tongue!  

Brad swears by it, I believe in it and the kids tolerate it.  It really did give us energy for the day.  And I had some truly BUMMER news that morning - and honestly .. it was weird - it didn't bum-me-out!  Think it induces seratonin production....??  I wonder!  

Two entire trays juiced about 8 ounces and left very little, very DRY pulp.

So, if you want a swig of it next time I harvest, let me know & I'll give you a call.  I realize I need to plant, plant, plant to have enough to harvest daily.  

5 comments:

The Murray Files said...

Okay, I just have to ask. Do you really like it or just that it is healthy and tastes half-way decent? I mean if all things were equal and it was sitting beside a berry smoothie which would you pick? It just weems like it would leave a bitter aftertaste.

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

I swear by the stuff, too! It is an AMAZING superfood-- and it is so cheap!

Rachel said...

Wow...you are extremely brave to drink that stuff! :)

Denalee said...

Ok everyone - it's GROSS. But I've had worse (what comes to mind is the green smoothie I made with dandylion greens from our yard in Sitka). But it's SO FULL of chlorophyl, which is reported to do so much good for us. It's worth it. You can down an ounce in one big gulp. So it's not a big deal. The after taste isn't really bitter, Rochelle. In fact, it's a little bit sweet. But it just tastes like grass. Really, really potent grass. Worth the yucky taste. In fact, I started 5 more slats of it today. Try it! (Caci is the one who got me started - thanks Caci!)

Gage said...

i get wheat grass shots whenever we go out for smoothies. it kind of gives me a tummy ache, but i believe in it!