Saturday, October 24, 2009

mornings

I can't help it ... I think I get this from my mom:
I AM A MORNING PERSON
Saturday morning, 4:17:
well, we all conked out last night by 9pm ... Bry in his own bed
Brad on a camping mat on our bedroom floor cuz his back is out of whack
I'm on my side of the bed,
Az on Brad's side ... and Sierra on the floor next to me.
We should have invited Bryan in and made a party of it.
It would bring back the good 'ole days... it's amazing how many people can fit in one bed, especially when 5 of them are little.
Anyway, I'm not a great sleeper anyway, so this morning
I awoke to dreams of trying to sell ads with a blue-tooth in my ear that was receiving mostly static (don't know where that came from - I've NEVER used a blue-tooth)
and decided it would be better just to get out of bed.
I was going to try to go back to sleep on the couch
but by the time I opened the door to let the
GLORIOUSLY COOL air in, I was wide awake.
So here's what I normally accomplish in the wee morning hours before everyone else wakes up:
* juice wheatgrass with my hand grinder
* make other juice
(I LOVE craigslist ... $25 for a new juicer!)
* read my scriptures
*prayers
*exercise
*catch up on facebook
*read blogs
*sometimes write a blog post
*take care of email business
*plan the day
*unload dishwasher
*straighten living room, family room and kitchen
*work on must-do things I never can do because I can't concentrate when everyone's around (currently editing the video of Gage's birth)
*sometimes I even get a shower in before everyone wakes up
Perhaps this is why I'm a morning person. It was therapeutic to make this list and see that it really is worth it to get up a couple of hours before the rest of the neighborhood!
Downside:
I crash around 8pm.

1 comment:

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

You make me want to be a morning person! You get sooooo much done! Why didn't you list your morning Kung Fu routine?