Saturday, February 20, 2010

presidential visit

President Obama was here in Henderson yesterday.
In fact, he was at Green Valley High School ...
just a hop, skip and a jump away.
Although I'm not jumping on the bandwagon and waving President Obama banners, I have to say that after watching and hearing his interaction with fellow Henderson-ites, I really like him. In that setting, it felt like there was nothing to prove, no one to win over, no typical politician actions. He seemed to genuinely care about and relate to us.
So let me add this:
With the exception of 1 US President
I believe we've had amazing men of strong character and good hearts running our country. I believe they've acted according to conscience and have done their best to lead righteously. I believe our prayers in their behalf are vital and that prayers, without words and actions joining in, are hypocritical and useless.
Let's pray for our President, recognize the good he is working for, and take whatever actions our conscience tell us to.